Saturday 13 August 2022

Nars Light Reflecting Foundation Review

 



Foundation is one of those products that I don't like to change often as once I like a product it's very hard for me to switch it up to something new. For a while I've heard great things about the new Nars Light Reflecting Foundation. This new formula is made with both skincare and makeup ingredients meaning that the more you wear the foundation the better your skin will look and feel over time. The finish is meant to be a lit from within glow, hence the name having light reflecting in it. This is very different for me as I usually prefer a matte finish however now that I've been wearing it I can tell you that it does in fact look lovely once on. 

The first couple of things you'll notice when you try this foundation is that it actually has a pump as gone are the days when you had to buy a pump separately for a Nars foundation (with the exception of the Sheer Glow Foundation for some reason?). Also you'll notice that the consistency is a lot thinner than other foundations. As this is the case I think it's best to apply this foundation with a beauty blender because then you can control exactly how much you want to put on and the way in which you blend it in. I bought the shade Deauville which is a light warm toned neutral shade which hopefully will work for me in the winter too as it's not that much different looking from my real skin colour. There are loads of shades to choose from, so you'll definitely be able to find the right one for you.




I was pleasantly surprised when it came to the coverage as for a thin foundation this covers the face very well! You can also easily build it up, especially when using a beauty blender if you just dab more foundation onto the parts that need more coverage and then it'll easily blend in to create a seamless finish. The only downfall I've found with this product is that due to the dewiness of the finish of the foundation, it lasts about 5 or 6 hours before it needs re-powdering, which for me is mainly on the chin and the nose. For oily skin people I would highly recommend powdering this straight after application and then if you want to you can always use a setting spray as well. It may still need powdering later on in the day depending on the weather for example however at least this technique will give it more chance to last longer.

What I think is unique about this foundation is the way it looks. Even after you've powdered it you are still left with a radiant finish which never usually happens when using other foundations. Seeing as glowy makeup is a trend, I can see why this foundation has gone viral on socials. From using this product for three weeks now I can confidently recommend it. I personally think that no matter what your skin type is everyone will love it!

What do you think of the new Nars Light Reflecting Foundation?

Thanks for reading 

Chantal x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig