Friday 19 January 2024

e.l.f glow reviver lip oil review

 



I'm back with a new beauty review! With all the hype that you get from #viral products on TikTok and Instagram, I think it's nice to have a simple but useful written review to actually tell you what a product is like. My latest product that I've bought is the new e.l.f Glow Reviver Tinted Lip Oil which is e.l.f's take on the lip oil trend that's been all over social media. Last year I bought the Dior version which I have to say was a great product, but does this one compare? If you want to find out, read on below...

Within the last couple of years lip oils have taken over from lip glosses. From the promise of leaving lips more moisturised from their traditional counterparts, to claims of making your lips fuller and plumper, these lip oils pretty much promise the same things. The e.l.f Glow Reviver Tinted Lip Oil comes in 7 shades, from those with a light wash of colour to those that are much more pigmented. The shade I decided to buy first was Pink Quartz, a very softly tinted glass pink shade. This shade is actually quite sheer which is why I haven't taken an arm swatch photo as it wouldn't show up enough on the photo. I didn't find this a problem as I wanted the first shade I bought to be a light pigmented one, so that I could wear it over lipsticks for days when my lips are feeling too dry to wear matte lipsticks by themselves. 

The ingredients include squalane, apricot oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil and pomegranate oil, plenty of natural substances that help to plump, smooth and soothe your lips the longer you wear the product. Claims that e.l.f promise includes: Non- sticky hydrating lip oil with a high- gloss finish, Plush oversized cushion applicator hugs lips, Infused with lip-loving ingredients to nourish your pout, Sheer was of colour, Fresh minty scent and Can be worn on it's own or over lipstick. I have to say that I do in fact agree with these terms as it's not sticky at all, it has a sheer finish, it does have a massive applicator and it does have a lovely but not overpowering mint scent.



As you can see from the image above, it really does have a great doe foot applicator, so no matter how big or small your lips are you will get a good amount of product on your lips. I tend to dip it twice just so that I get a real glass finish to the lips which I've been loving at the moment! 



From looking at the face photo above, Pink Quartz does look clear on my lips however I promise that in real life it does have a sheer pink colour to it (blame the winter light for the lack of brightness!). Overall I think that for £8 this lip oil is amazing and it really does compare to the Dior version which is more than three times the price, which is ridiculous in my opinion! They both have a sheer wash of colour, have a minty scent and they both do keep your lips feeling and looking more moisturised than before putting any product on. I very highly recommend this product!


Let me know if you've tried the new lip oil from e.l.f  and what you think of it.

Thanks for reading.

Chantal x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig