Thursday 30 December 2021

MAC 2021 Box of Tricks Advent Calendar Review

 


To quote everyone else, I can't believe that 2021 is almost over. Even though this year hasn't been the best for most people it has still somehow gone by very quickly compared to last year.  Bring on 2022! For my last post of the year I wanted to write a review of the first and only beauty advent calendar that I bought which was the MAC 2021 Box of Tricks Advent Calendar which contains £340 worth of products however it only cost me £135 to buy, which I think was a pretty good deal if you ask me. I know the calendar has sold out now however I wanted to talk about some of my favourite products from the calendar that I want to recommend to you lovely lot.

What I love most about this calendar is the amount of makeup you got with it compared to other beauty advent calendars this year. There were 15 makeup products and 9 skincare products, so considering that MAC is obviously known as a makeup brand I think they made the right choice doing this.

Going from left to right we have the Brow Set in Clear, Strobe Cream in Pinklite, Powder Kiss Lipstick in Mull It Over, Extra Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara, lipstick in Taupe, Lipglass in Spite, Eyeshadow in Brun, Prep + Prime Natural Radiance in Radient Yellow, Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul, Powder Kiss Soft Matte Eyeshadow in It's Vintage, Eyeshadow in Omega and the Cleanse off oil.

Out of this group of products my favourites are the Powder Kiss lipstick in Mull It Over which is a great everyday warm nude shade that'll suit lots of people, Taupe lipstick as it's a gorgeous reddish brown shade that really goes with the whole 90s beauty trends that are going on right now and the eyeshadow in Brun has that same feel to it. My last favourite out of these lot would be the eyeshadow in Omega as it's a beige colour that can both be a great base for eyeshadow however you can also use it all over as a simple one eyeshadow look which is something I do a lot of!

Now for the right hand side, going from left to right we have the mini lipstick in Velvet Teddy, Lipglass in Clear, Prep + Prime Essential Oils, Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bougie, Prep+ Prime lip, Powder Kiss Soft Matte Eyeshadow in Devoted to Chili, mini lipstick in Ruby Woo, Pigment Colour in Tan, lipstick in Mehr, mini lipstick in Chili, Veluxe Pearl Eyeshadow in Expensive Pink and finally the mini Fix+.

My favourites from this side of the calendar are the mini lipstick in Velvet Teddy because it's so iconic, it suits everyone so therefore you can never have enough of it! The Lipglass in Clear is so simple yet so effective and one product I don't have is a clear lip gloss, so this is something I actually need in my life! The Devoted to Chili eyeshadow looks very exciting as it's a colour that sits right in the middle of red and orange, so I can't wait to create a look using this product next year and my last pick has to be the Pigment Colour Powder in Tan because I've never created a look with a pigment before (unless you count the Barry M Dazzle Dusts which we all tried when we were 12!). This pigment will look beautiful over a bronze smokey eye or maybe over a sunset eye look in the summer. 

I hope you discovered some fun and interesting products that you may want to try next year.

Wishing you all the best for 2022

Chantal x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig