Tuesday 25 August 2020

How To Get A Glowing Makeup Look When You Have Combination Skin

 



Nowadays glowing skin seems to be the epitome of great health. The appearance of dewy and light reflecting skin somehow means that we take care of our skin and that we eat extremely well. While that may be the case for some people, it's not the case for me! I've been blessed with dull, spot prone red combination skin which I endeavour to cover up at all times. So is it even possible to achieve the world's most wanted beauty look without clear skin, well I'm here to tell you it is and it's easier than you think. I'm going to talk you through some of the best products to help you achieve glowing skin without sacrificing longevity or product performance.


Base



A product that I would wear on a better skin day is the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer as it gives you a soft, beautiful sheen without somehow looking greasy and best of all it actually sets down once you've blended it in. I wrote a review of it here if you want to find out more about it. It is quite a pricey product though, so I recommend buying it while it's on offer or using any points e.g your Space NK points so you don't have to splurge as much however it is worth it though.



A foundation which I think works well for a glowy look is the Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation because it's the only foundation that I've tried that you actually don't need to set even if you have combination to oily skin, which is really hard to find! Also they have SO many shades so you will most certainly find the right shade for you. Even if you do powder it still doesn't look flat on the skin, so it's perfect for that look! 



Hourglass are known for their radiant makeup products and so they are an incredibly popular brand for people who want to achieve the ultimate glowing makeup look. I decided to buy one of their mini bronzers as I didn't want or need to splurge on a full size version. I have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Diffused Bronze Light which is a gorgeous neutral toned bronzer that adds a beautiful sheen without making you look over the top. It's also very buildable which I love because it means that it's very hard to go overboard with it. It's stunning!




Another option is a cream bronzer. I don't have much experience with cream bronzers as I just feel more comfortable applying powder bronzers however I've read so many good reviews on the new Chanel Le Beiges Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream that back at the beginning of Spring I decided to purchase it. I started using it at the start of summer and it's completely changed my perspective on cream bronzers as this blends so beautifully over foundation and concealer without disturbing your base. My only gripe with this product is that I didn't know that it only comes it one shade! I'm hoping that they will start bringing out new shades from now on seeing as they've changed the name from Bronze Universal to Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream. I've also noticed that Chanel have added new shades to some of their foundations, so surely this must be the direction they are going in, or at least I hope it is!


Eyes



If you love neutral tones then this Too Faced Born This Way The Natural Nudes eyeshadow palette would be perfect for you as it has 8 matte shades and 8 stunning shimmery shades and best of all is that they correspond with each other, so it already gives you an easy two steps to create an eye look. The shimmer shades are like nothing I've used before! They are the only shimmers that actually really make my eyes pop because when you have hooded eyes most of the time you hardly see those shadows because your eyelid covers most of it but with these shades you can actually see how gorgeous they really are. I really do love this palette! I'm think I might write a review on it because it's such a great palette.



Another new addition that I was so excited to try was one of the new Natasha Denona mini eyeshadow palettes. For £22 you get five high quality and very pigmented shadows to create a specific look. This is the Mini Star Eyeshadow Palette which gives you the colours to create a fabulous glowy glitter look which would be beautiful whether it's daytime and you're out in the sun or if you are out for the evening. My favourite shade is actually the one which appears a dark shimmering green because in fact it's a lovely duo chrome shade, so in some lights it appears green and in another light it appears more of a burgundy/brown. It's fascinating and I don't know how they do it! The matte shades are very smooth and easy to apply and they last quite well throughout the day, I would suggest putting on an eyeshadow primer before you apply the shadows to make sure the shimmer shades last longer.



One of my favourite mini palettes that I've been using this summer is the Charlotte Tilbury Darling Easy Eye Palette because it's perfect for a glowy makeup look because it has four beautiful warm toned shades and then a champagne highlighter shade and a dark brown smoke shade, so all that is essential for a summery eye look. This palette is meant to represent the type of shades that Charlotte likes to wear most of the time and I think it was a good idea to make it into a palette for everyone to buy.



If you like cream eyeshadows then the Charlotte Tilbury Eye To Mesmerise shadows give a gorgeous sheen to the eyes. They catch the light but in the most elegant way possible, so you can't see any chunky shimmer as it's pure glowy makeup heaven! I have the shades Bette  which is a bronze and Marie Antoinette which is a glorious champagne shade. They are beautiful!


Lips



For lips I have two options. Yes I have another Charlotte Tilbury! I'm sorry it's just that she makes incredible products ok haha. My favourite lipsticks for a glowing makeup look are both from the Hot Lips 2 collection where Charlotte collaborated with her famous muses to create bespoke shades for them. These are both in the K.I.S.S.I.N.G formula which gives you a moisturising finish to the lips. I have the shade Dancefloor Princess which is a pretty light pink and In Love With Olivia which is a lovely peachy coral.


Set That Face



Of course the only way for all this glowing goodness to stay on the face is to set it with the best setting spray ever, which we all know is the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray It really does work, I cannot recommend it enough!


I hope you liked my post!


Chantal x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig