Sunday 5 April 2020

What's In My Quarantine Makeup Bag





Well, well, well...it's be a long time since I've written anything on my blog. I never meant for my blog to get left behind, but when you're going about your everyday life sometimes things have to be put back for a while...until now of course while we are all stuck at home in quarantine! So while we are all stuck at home, apart from going out to get the essentials of course, I had the idea to make a go-to makeup bag for when I actually do feel like wearing some makeup during this time, which hasn't been that often recently. You may be thinking why am I even wearing makeup during this time? Well it's because makeup has the power to make us all feel empowered at times when we feel like we are losing control of life. It helps you look more presentable and of course that increases confidence, so if you do want to wear makeup during this confusing and incredibly uncertain times we are living in, then go ahead and don't care what anyone thinks or says, I sure don't!

Let's start wish base products. Instead of wasting foundation on what probably will be an hour's of your time spent outside, I recommend using a high coverage concealer as foundation. This is a trick that I always use when I need to apply makeup quickly anyway and for times like these it just seems to be the most sensible thing to do. For this I use the L'Oreal Infallible More Than Concealer as it literally tells you that it's not just to be used as a concealer, so I put it everywhere and blend it out with my fingers, no brushes needed, then it's done!

To set the concealer in place I've been using a newly added product to my collection which is the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder. This product it amazing! It does exactly what it claims to do as it smooths out your complexion so well that it makes it look like you haven't even applied any setting powder to the face and it keeps your face shine free for a good eight hours too!

Moving onto the eyes, we have another Charlotte Tilbury product, oh and it's not the last one either. It's the Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in the Sophisticate. I believe or am pretty sure that this is the only matte palette that's actually available from Charlotte's range. I also think it's incredibly underrated for how versatile it actually is! Depending on how I feel I either just use the second to right shade on the top (the enhance shade) swept onto the whole eyelid and into the crease, then blended into the lower lash line or I'll add the second to right shade (the smoke shade) onto the outer corners of the eye, then blend into the crease and then I would also add that to the lower lash line too to give it a more smokey look. 

For eye liner I've been trying out a new product from, you guessed it, Charlotte Tilbury, the Classic Eye Liner in Black which unlike a normal kohl pencil, it's actually a powder formula, so it's still has the movement of a kohl pencil when you first put it on, however it then shortly sets, so therefore it lasts on the eyes better than a traditional kohl pencil would. I line both my upper lash line and my lower water line as I think when you have very round eyes like I do, to make them look less round and more horizontal, it strangely actually works for some reason.

I have two mascaras that I use. The Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara works really well on my top lashes as it curls, adds loads of volume and makes my lashes look really long, while for my bottom lashes I prefer to use a waterproof formula so you don't get any smudging, so I use the Collection Lash Surge in Waterproof Black. I find that putting mascara on my bottom lashes balances out my whole eye shape, otherwise things will look very lopsided haha.

For lips I have two options. The matte lip option is the Lisa Eldridge Velvet Fawn lipstick which I personally think is the perfect nude lipstick as it has the right amount of both brown and pink tones to it, while also having a neutral undertone, so both people with cooler and warmer undertones can wear it. The shiny option is the Chanel Rouge Coco Flash in Chicness which is a peachy nude that makes your lips look plumper and incredibly shiny, I love it!


These are all the products on, please excuse my hair haha. This is probably going to be the last photo that I take before my fringe goes totally out of control!



I hope you enjoyed reading what's in my quarantine makeup bag. Let me know how you guys are coping during this weird time and whether you are even bothering to put any makeup on as I'd love to find out! Keep well and safe.

Chantal x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig