Sunday 10 January 2016

YSL Black Opium Eau De Toilette perfume




I didn't ask for much for Christmas last year, however there was one thing I really wanted to get which was the YSL Black Opium Eau De Toilette perfume and luckily I did and I was very, very grateful to receive it. It's by far my favourite perfume I've ever smelt so far. It just smells really sophisticated and grown up even as it has a darker scent to it than any perfume I've had before. I can't tell you exactly what notes are in this perfume so excuse me while I quote from YSL's website so you know the exact details of what's in the fragrance: 'The hedonistic black coffee note of the original Black Opium scent is transformed into an ultra-luminous green coffee accord with a heart of Jasmine Tea on a base of sensual Patchouli, white woods and musk'.

They also mention all the notes on the website too, saying that the top notes are 'Blackcurrent Accord, Pear Accord and Green Mandarin Essence'. The Heart notes are 'Jasmine Tea, Orange Blossom and Floral Solar Accord' and the Base Notes are 'Coffee Accord, White Musks and Blond Woods'.

To me I can definitely smell the musk, coffee and orange in it the most, but also to me it kind of smells a bit like rich dark chocolate for some reason haha. I have the 30ml version which is £39, it may sound expensive for that (which it is) however I love it so much that when it eventually does run out I will be repurchasing it again, but if you'd rather have a 50ml one then that would set you back £52, so almost a pound for 1ml. Either way it's a fabulous perfume and I highly recommend it.

I hope you enjoyed this review

Chantal x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. My aunt had this and it smelled lovely! Might have to try it x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah maybe when you next visit spray a bit on you and you'll be able to tell as the day goes on whether you like it or not (it lasts practically all day anyway so this method should work) :) x

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this perfume before but currently looking for a new one. I'll have to check this one out as it sounds lovely. The packaging is beautiful too! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely perfume, you should definitely go and check it out and yeah the packaging is gorgeous too! x

      Delete
  3. This perfume sounds lovely! The bottle is gorgeous!

    xx Isabel
    http://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a lovely perfume, definitely one to check out :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig