Sunday 29 March 2015

March Favourites




Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. Today I wanted to show you my March favourites. This month there's been some new discoveries and some rediscoveries too. One of my new finds was the Bourjois Colorband Eyeshadow & Liner. I have it in the mauve shade 05 Mauve baroque which is a gorgeous dark purple shade with a hint of shimmer in it. This is the only purple eyeshadow that's ever suited me and I think the reason why is because it's such a unique pretty colour, so it really would suit a lot of people. It's long lasting and the colour pay off is great. I did a full review here if you want to find out more about it.

My next discovery was actually a brilliant book by Fleur De Force who most of you will know is a well known beauty blogger and vlogger. She released The Glam Guide recently, a book where she gives her amazing tips and advice on an array of topics including beauty, fashion, travel and many more subjects. What I love mostly about this book apart from the actual content and the fab illustrations is that you can tell that Fleur wrote this book all by herself because you can imagine her saying exactly what is written in the book, if you get what I mean. I have a feeling this will be my favourite book written by a Youtuber, it's really, really great.

A rediscovery is the Sleek Face Form Palette  in the shade Light. This palette contains an amazing contour colour, a neutralish highlight shade and a rose coloured shimmery blush. However the best part of it in my opinion is the contour colour. A little goes a long way as the pigmentation is fantastic and I really like that the colour is warm toned but it doesn't come out orange once applied. It's the best colour for me because I have more warm tones in my skin so a warmer contour colour would suit me better that a cooler one. I did a review of this ages ago. It's probably is really bad compared to reviews I've done recently, but if you do want to check it out I'll link it here.

Last but not least is another rediscovery, the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Kohl Liner in the shade jet black. There's nothing especially special about this eyeliner, but it's really easy to use as it feels comfortable to apply on both the lash line and the water line and it's easy to blend if you want to achieve that laid back relaxed rocky or grungy eye liner look.

I really hope you enjoyed reading my March favourites post. What has been your favourite things this month, let me know in the comments. :) 

Thanks so much for reading my blog xxx

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. The Glam Guide is the first blogger/Youtuber book i've been tempted to pick up. It sounds like a lovely book! I really love the Bourjois Colourband pencils too, i've been trying to get my hands on the Mauve one. Beige Minimalist is one of my favourites.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't swatched that shade yet in store I don't think. Oh yeah definitely buy The Glam Guide, Fleur gives some brilliant tips, plus it's a beautiful book to just sit and look through. It would make a great coffee table book. :) x

      Delete
  2. The Glam Guide sounds great,I would love to get it..Nice post ,girl:)
    If you have time visit me on my blog :))
    xoxo Antonella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if you can get it definitely do, it's sooo good. Yep of course I will read some more of your blog posts. :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Love your March favourites, I've just got to get my hands on a copy of The Glam Guide! x

    I'm a newbie blogger hoping to make some friends in the blogging community, if you're at all interested? :3

    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au

    xx Chontelle Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Yeah I recommend the book so much, it's great! Sure, I'll check out your blog. x

      Delete
  4. Ooh I don't have this book, but have heard good things about it... I need to check her out on Youtube! Love the look of the Sleek palette too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fleur's channel is amazing. I've been watching her since late 2010/ early 2011 and her videos are so well edited and she gives genuine advice. I highly recommend you check her out. xx

      Delete
  5. I recently brought this book and it's so useful for literally everything, Fleur did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a fab book isn't it, she did an amazing job and I love that she wrote it all herself too. x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig