Saturday 18 February 2023

Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Matte Beauty Blush Wand Review

 


It's been a while since we've seen a beauty release that sets to revolutionise the way we apply makeup however the new Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Matte Beauty Blush Wand is that exact product we've been looking for! Formulated the same way as the original Beauty Light Wands however made to look matte, this product delivers the blush in the same way but eliminating the result of a glowy cheeked look which is great for those of us who prefer a matte look over an overly shimmery face! I also love that the packaging matches the description in the sense that the main part of the packaging is matte, with only the lid and logo being the traditional Charlotte Tilbury gold. I think it's a nice touch.


As you can see the Pillow Talk Matte Beauty Blush Wand  does have the same sponge applicator as the original wands where you turn the top part of the packaging to 'on' to let the product out once the tube has been squeezed. My application tip for you is to very lightly squeeze the tube as that way you get the perfect amount of product out of the tube. Some people prefer to dot it directly onto their cheek, then blend it out with a brush, while others prefer to dab a bit of the blush onto their hand and then to either use a brush or their hands to then blend the product into the skin, it's totally up to you. I find that option 1 works for me as I have more control blending the blush into the skin.



The shade I decided to get was Pink Pop as it looked the most natural shade out of all the 4 shades on offer, the Pillow Talk shade being exclusive to Charlotte Tilbury's website. When you look at Pink Pop you can see that it's more of a salmon/coral pink than your traditional mid/cool pink tone which I actually prefer as I find those shades suit me more, also it will work well for spring and summer. What I like from the swatch is that you can see it's not a flat matte as it does catch the light just enough to give the shade a bit of dimension.


What Pink Pop looks like blended out onto the cheek.



I have to say I'm really impressed with these matte blush wands! It's the perfect product for those of us who want to have the look of matte cheeks, but who also want the ease and usability of using a liquid formula in a very handy tube applicator. I think people will also love this to use in the summer for that reason as you can take it away with you on holiday or on a city break for a weekend away. The Pillow Talk Matte Beauty Blush Wand is available from all the usual beauty stores including Space NK, Cult Beauty, ASOS and Charlotte Tilbury's website.


Have you tried the new matte beauty wands? If you have let me know what you think, I'd love to know.

Thanks for reading

Chantal x






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig