Tuesday 29 November 2022

Lisa Eldridge Holiday Collection 2022

 




It's that time of year again where we see all the beauty brands release their Christmas collections. With so many brands and products to choose from, it can be hard to decide what to buy, whether it's for you or for giving as a gift. That's where Lisa Eldridge comes in. Lisa recently released her new Holiday collection comprising of new shades of her True Velvet lipsticks and very excitingly she has now created 5 eyeshadow palettes! In today's post I'm going to review 3 new products, The Eyeshadow Palette in Vega and two new lipsticks in the shades Velvet Enchantment and Velvet Sorcery.


Vega Eyeshadow Palette






I have never been more excited to share my thoughts on a product before! I have been following Lisa's brand from the beginning, from buying the first True Velvet shades online to attending the launch of the first ever pop-up in Covent Garden and I'm so happy to see how much the brand is growing. I was so impressed when I saw the launch video for the new eyeshadow palettes that as soon as the video finished I knew I had to buy the Vega palette as for me it's by far the most versatile palette out of the collection as it includes neutral shades that can be used both day and night. In this particular palette there are 4 different finishes: Velvet, Seamless Matte, Luminous & Metallic. Each of the palettes have a different number of finishes depending on the look of the colour story and another brilliant idea is that you can replace the eyeshadows in this palette with another eyeshadow as you can also buy them individually. To swap an eyeshadow with another you simply get a pin, pop it through the hole that's directly opposite the shade and then you'll see the shade lift up. Once that's removed to add the new shade you place it over the empty space and then it will automatically snap into place as the palette is magnetic.



Swatches from left to right: French Grey (Velvet), Smoke & Mirrors (Seamless Matte), Moonswirl (Metallic), Turbulence (Seamless Matte), Supernova (Luminous) & Lamp Black (Seamless Matte).


As you can see from the swatches the pigmentation of the shadows is really good. The only shade which the camera struggled to pick up was Smoke & Mirrors as in the photo is looks like your usual grey colour when in real life it's more of a blue grey which is a dramatic and gorgeous shade. What's unique about these shadows are that they take hardly any work to blend into each other, so they are the easiest shadows I've ever used and there is no fall out, even when using the deeper shades. I can't wait to try more of the shadows in the future!



Wearing both the Vega palette and the Velvet Sorcery lipstick.


True Velvet in Sorcery & Enchantment




When Lisa mentioned that she was going to release more shades of the True Velvets I had to of course purchase a couple more. Originally I only bought Velvet Enchantment the same time I ordered the Vega palette however when I noticed that Velvet Sorcery was out of stock online, I then went to the pop up shop to look for Velvet Sorcery and luckily it was in stock!

Velvet Sorcery is a delicious chocolate shade that's not too warm or too cool toned. It gives you the perfect 90s matte, brown nude lip colour look that was made famous by the supermodels of the time. You could also blot it to create more of a lip stain if you'd prefer a more natural look.

Velvet Enchantment is such a beautiful shade! Lisa describes it as a red for people who don't like red and I couldn't agree more as the only red I wear is one of her original shades Velvet Morning which is a warm toned red however when you don't want to wear something as bright as that then Velvet Enchantment is a muted down neutral red which will also be perfect for Christmas time. Like all the Velvets both these shades last for hours on the lips, even after eating however if you do want to re- apply them, they go on very smoothly over the existing lip colour.


Wearing Velvet Enchantment

 

Velvet Sorcery & Velvet Enchantment swatched.


I hope you enjoyed my review, I really love the new holiday collection! If you have bought any of the new products I'd love to know your thoughts.

Thanks for reading

Chantal x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig