Sunday 14 June 2020

Skincare Edit 2020








I have to be honest, usually skincare is not one of my top priorities in life however because we've not really been going anywhere interesting lately I've been wearing less makeup and therefore as a result I have been noticing how my skin's been looking during this time. For me lockdown has actually made my skin drier than normal, which is very weird for me as I usually have oily to combination skin. I've even gone some days with only powdering my under eyes instead of the whole of my face which is not normal for me! With this in mind, I'd thought that I'd talk you through my skincare routine, well that's what everyone else calls it, I just call it things I slap on my face to maintain my face haha.




First thing of course is your moisturiser. I love the Caudalie Moisturising Sorbet as it's great if you have combination skin as it's so light weight, therefore it sinks into the skin really quickly and so you can put on makeup very shortly afterwards. Caudalie is one of my favourite skincare brands as they use all natural ingredients and also they are a French brand and the French know a thing or two about great skincare!




My first step of my cleansing routine in the evening is using the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. When it comes to cleansers I personally don't think that you need to spend much money on them as lets face it, once you've used it you wash it off your face anyway. This product is great as it gently removes any makeup or grime off your face and it doesn't leave any residue behind as it's just a creamy cleanser and yes your skin does feel quite hydrated after you've used it.



Toner is very important as it gets rid of any dead skin cells, therefore it gets rid of any dry skin on the face, which for me has been a bit of a problem lately! I use the Pixi Glow Tonic which has 5% glycolic acid. I apply it with a cotton pad and swipe it over my face after I've cleansed. You do feel a slight tingling after you've applied, but that's a good thing I think as you can feel it working.



The serum I use is another Caudalie product, the Caudalie Vinopure Blemish Control Infusion Serum. This serum is formulated specifically for people with spot prone skin and again like with the other products I like it as it feels very light weight and it sinks into the skin within two minutes and I do think that it helps to control outbreaks which is great!



For my eye makeup I always go for a formula that can remove waterproof mascara as they tend t be oil based, therefore it will definitely get rid of everything. I use the Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover. It's really affordable as well as it's under £4, a bargin!


Lip balm is something you certainly can't forget to use otherwise your lips will never forgive you! I use the Carmex Classic Moisturising Lip Balm. It's such a classic product that's been loved by many for years and that's because it is simply the best.



Every couple of days I use a scrub to give my skin a proper exfoliation, for this I use the L'Oreal Smooth Sugars Nourish Scrub. This is gentle, but yet abrasive enough to get rid of all dryness and I love that it has a cocoa butter scent to it, which is one of my favourite scents ever.

I hope you liked my post and maybe found it useful if you were looking for a new skincare product. Let me know what skincare products you love in the comments.

Stay safe

Chantal x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig