Sunday 16 March 2014

Spring make up picks


So as the sunny weather has officially started to make an appearance recently, which makes me extremely happy, I thought I would show you all the make up items that I want to start wearing again for this spring. As you can tell most of my picks are lip products just because wearing a summery lipstick or lip gloss is the easiest way to change up the look of your make up for spring.

Starting from the top centre going clockwise are my newest additions to my collection: the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms  in the shades Elusive and Audacious. I won't spend too much time talking about these as I have done a blog post on them recently, but they are two lovely colours for spring. Elusive is a neutral light pink that will suit all skin tones, whilst Audacious is a bright, strong looking orange colour that would look amazing if worn with simple eye make up. I haven't actually worn Audacious out yet but I definitely can't wait to wear it! Next up is a product that I've had for a while now but I use it a lot when we have gorgeous weather like this: the L'Oreal Paris Rouge Caresse lipstick in the shade Dating Coral. As the name suggests this is a coral but I would say that it's more of a orangey coral rather than a pink coral. What I love about this is that it's so  moisturising so if your lips are slightly dry they won't make your lips look worse. Also it's great because the colour lasts all day long as it leaves a slight stain on the lips, even though it's not actually meant to be a lipstain haha. My next product is something I wouldn't wear every day but it's nice to use as a pop of colour on the eyes: the Barry M Kohl Pencil in 17. This is a really pretty light green eye liner with a hint of shimmer in it to brighten up the eye. I like to wear this just on the top lash line with some mascara just to add a bit of summery colour on the eyes.

The bright lipstick next to the eye liner is another new addition to my ever growing lipstick collection. This is the Rimmel London Moisture Renew lipstick in the shade 660 In Love With Ginger. Obviously this is not a ginger lipstick, instead it's an orange red that's very vivid looking on the lips. This is so bright that I would honestly say it's best to wear it with either just mascara or if you feel that you have to wear eye liner then just wear some brown eye liner with it on the top lash line, otherwise you will look like you are wearing too much make up which no one wants! I love this as like Audacious it is a great colour to wear for this spring's orange lip trend as it's a strong orange toned red which means that it's a great way to wear the trend without having to wear something actually orange.Next is a blue eye liner which I also did a blog post about a while ago now. It's the L'Oreal Color Riche Le Khol in the shade 108 Portofino Blue. Blue eye liner is another spring/summer trend this year so I will be wearing this either on this own with mascara or I may where it blended in with a darker blue eye shadow for the evening. A more neutral lipstick spring choice would be the L'Oreal Color Riche Collection Privee in Eva's Nude. This is quite a cool lipstick as it's Eva Longoria's nude lipstick for L'Oreal. This is a really pretty pink, peach nude that adds enough colour to the lips so that they won't look washed out at all. It's one of my favourites as I wear it a lot.

After that I have another Barry M eye liner, this one is in the shade 13. Again this is a green but it's a mint green eye liner. I remember I was on the hunt for an affordable mint eye liner for a while last summer, then I found this and my search was complete. This is the perfect icy mint eye liner that will really make your eyes stand out and it's really fun wearing bright colours like this on the eyes. I then have a third, yes a third Barry M product (you can tell that I like Barry M) but this time it's a lip gloss in number 11. This is a bright, but not too bright lip gloss that glides on easily with out feeling sticky on the lips. What I love is that it's easy to apply but looks like you've put effort into your make up look when wearing this. Last of all we have one of the most popular products that Maybelline has ever released, the Mybelline Color Tattoo in the shade Pink Gold. This is a stunning light pink with a hint of gold shimmer running through it. I love this product as it's easy to apply as you just sweep the colour over the lid and you can build up the colour to as much as you want. It's just a great way to add colour without any hassle of applying powdered eye shadow.

I hope you liked this post on my summer make up choices. If you actually did bother to read it all I love you lots as I know it was a long post to read haha. But I appreciate anyone who reads my blog, even if you didn't get to the end of this :p haha.

See you soon xx 

  

   

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig