Thursday 19 October 2017

Why everyone can resonate with Morrissey's new single-Spent the Day in Bed


Image result for morrissey

I've been a fan of Morrissey since I was in my late teens as that's when I first discovered The Smiths as my dad has a few of their records either on vinyl or CD I can't remember which but he's been a fan for years so it was only a matter of time before I got into both them and Morrissey's music. I'm guessing like a lot of people out there, I had absolutely no idea what so ever that he was about to drop a new single and a new album on November 17th as well, how exciting! As I type this right now I've only listened to the song 'Spent the Day in Bed' 3 times however there are so many reasons why I love this song already and why I feel that this song will resonate with so many other people as well.

1. It's called Spent the Day in Bed...who doesn't want to do that when it's actually getting cold outside now and that will only get worse in winter.

2.The signature Morrissey sound- As soon as this song starts you just know it's his song which is brilliant from an artistic point of view as it means he's branding his music well so people will instantly know that this is the latest single from him and so they should continue to listen to the whole song if it comes on the radio.

3. The Lyrics- There are a few lines that particularly stick out to me in this song, the first one being 'the news contrives to frighten you' which if you think about it it actually does do that and that's why I don't actively watch it unless a major event has or is happening that very minute. Another line I love and totally agree with is when he sings 'there's nothing wrong with being good to yourself, be good to yourself for once' as it's so true because life is short so why not enjoy what life has to offer and treat yourself from time to time but also make sure you are taking care of yourself too as good health is the most important thing. Two other parts I love are when he sings 'time do as I wish' and 'no bus, no boss, no rain, no train' it's just brilliant simple but yet catchy rhyming.

I can't wait to hear what the rest of the album will sound like but I'm extremely excited to hear it! I'll link the song below so you can hear it for yourself. Let me know what you think of it in the comments, I'd love to know your thoughts.




Thanks so much for reading my post, see you soon

Chantal x

















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig