Wednesday 6 September 2017

August Beauty Favourites 2017




Where on earth has the time gone! Seriously it only feels like 2 minutes ago summer had started and now it is September. I'm actually really happy that Autumn is now upon us. It's my favourite season of them because I love the whole cosy aspect of it and I like that it actually gets dark between like 7-8pm which is what the evenings are meant to be like anyway. Also the warming foods and don't get me started on Autumn fashion, it's the best for sure! Anyway before I ramble on anymore I wanted to talk to you about my August Beauty Favourites. I'm not the most consistent when it comes to posting about my beauty favourites as I tend to forget to write about them and so I just tend to carry on with my normal beauty reviews however this time I remembered, which is great.

Let's start with the concealer I've been using for covering my dark circles under my eyes- the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer in the shade 01. If you have a light to medium skin tone then I highly recommend that you try this one out. I have really bad hereditary dark circles that means if I don't cover them up I quite literally look like a zombie has awoken from the dead, it's not pretty (pretty dark though, I give you that) so I need something that's heavy duty to cover all the greyness of the area and this does just that without the need to put corrector on underneath, it's amazing!

Next we have my favourite nude lip gloss, which is the Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss in the shade 722. What I love about this gloss is that it gives the lips a very slight plumping or 3D affect if you like to your lips, so they end up looking bigger once you've applied the gloss. It also has an incredible shine to it and best of all it doesn't feel sticky at all, but yet it doesn't disappear from your lips straight away, I love it and I do think it is worth the price tag as even though I'm not the biggest lip gloss fan ever, this product won me over, so there you go.

It would honestly not be a beauty post if I didn't mention at least one Charlotte Tilbury product in my monthly favourites. This time it's a product from her new Hollywood Lips line and it's the liquid lipstick in the shade Too Bad I'm Bad, which is a gorgeous warm hot pink colour that would look fabulous on so many different skin tones. The reason why I went for this one first was because I wanted to try a brighter liquid lipstick as most of the ones I have already are nudes or browns/browny nudes, so I wanted to go for something different and I'm glad i did as this shade really does pack a punch and the formula not only makes your lips look bigger than they are (oh yes!) it actually lasts pretty much all day, even while eating you are still left with colour on the lips, amaaaaaazing!

I love the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara so I had a strong feeling that I would love the waterproof version as well. It performs exactly the same as the original one yet it's completely smudge proof in both the heat and humidity so it really helped me out a lot during the muggy summer we had in London this year and if you are going on holiday in September then I highly recommend that you pick this up before you head off as you will love it and you'll need it on holiday.

My go-to highlighter has been the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer powder as it gives you a gorgeous champagne sheen to your cheekbones and you can add as much as you want, so if you want the highlighter to make you stand out from afar it can certainly do that for you. It is on the pricier side as I think it's around the £20 mark but you only need a small amount even to get a serious glow, so this will honestly last you for years to come, I'm not even joking (I've had mine for over a year now and I've barely made a dent in it).

Lastly my cream eyeshadow of choice this month has been from the recent Chanel Autumn/Winter 17 collection and it's the Ombre Premiere in the shade 820 Memory which is a beautiful warm toned bronze shade with a hint of golde running  through it. It's stunning! I would say if you are planning to get one thing from this new Autumn/Winter makeup collection it should be this as it's the most wearable shade from this line and it's the product that performs the best in my opinion.

I really hope that you enjoyed reading about my August beauty favourites. Let me know in the comments what has been your favourite products to use this month, I'd love to know!

Thanks for reading

Chantal x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. i need to try the new ct hollywood lips. they look so beautiful and i just love everything she does.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes you definitely need to buy one. If you go to a store that sells CT they now have the Hollywood Lips, so you can swatch them all. They are fabulous! x

      Delete
  2. Yes do buy the highlighter, it's incredible! Charlotte Tilbury is my favourite high end makeup brand ever, there are waaaaay too many products that I could recommend for you to try. If I had to pick one thing first I would suggest you try one of her Matte Revolution lipsticks, they are fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are on my wish list - thank you !! xx
    My Blog: theoctoberedit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is so stunning isn't it xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig