Thursday 2 January 2014

My Top Make Up Products of 2013

Hi eveyone. Hope you all had a fab Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!! So the new year is finally here and I still can't believe that it's 2014 already. One thing I love about the new year is that excitement of not knowing what will happen to you in the year but I also do tend to feel emotional as I look back in my mind on what's happened the year before. In terms of make up it has been a year for new releases from lots of brands and even a revamp of classic products like the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette which I haven't taken a look at yet but hopefully I will soon. In this post I will be talking about the products I couldn't get enough of in 2013.

So the first product that I was obsessed about was the Maybelline Baby Lips. These were released in the UK back in the winter time, but I didn't buy them until it was summer as I didn't want to just buy it because of all the hype around it so I waited until there were lots of reviews of them first. These are the most moisturising lip products I have tried which gives an outstanding colour to the lips and for a lip balm to be this pigmented it very rare. I have the colours Peach Punch and Cherry Me. There's a blog post I wrote which shows more detail of the Cherry Me shade here: http://www.savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/lip-colour-collection-autumnwinter.html

My second favourite of the year was the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Quad in the shade E3 Infiniment Bronze. This quad contains three brown colours and a highlight shade all of which stay on throughout the day really well. I wore this a lot during the autumn as the brown colours reminded me of the typical autumn colours you seen on the falling leaves during the season. I'll link the review I did of it here: http://www.savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/loreal-paris-colour-riche-quad-review.html

At the same time I bought the eye shadow quad I also bought one of my most used lipsticks which is the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privee in the shade Barely Golden which is Eva Longoria's lipstick. I was actually surprised that this suited me as I thought it would be a strong pink colour but actually it's a really pretty salmon pink colour which is a great everyday pink that goes with most make up looks.

Last but not least is the new Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in the shade 50 Porcelaine. This has to be one of my favourite products I've found for a while. I bought this as I wanted a change of foundation as I was getting bored of using my L'Oreal mousse foundation. I absolutely adore this foundation. It's easy to apply, has a light but buildable coverage to it, lasts all day and it's the closest colour match to my inbetween light to medium yellow toned skin colour (which let me tell you is a pain to match for as I never get the colour and foundations to match perfectly). I went into more detail about this foundation in my last blog post http://www.savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/new-foundation-review-bourjois-happy.html

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my favourite make up products of 2013 and I hope you all have a wonderful 2014!! See you soon xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig