Saturday 7 December 2013

New Foundation review - Bourjois Happy Light Foundation


For about a month now I have been trying a new foundation that has been made popular by many beauty bloggers constantly praising it. This is the new Bourjois Happy Light Foundation. I have it in the shade 50 which is the lightest shade they have, even though it's a tad dark for my skin tone. Lots of people have this problem with Bourjois foundations and I agree their shade ranges should be better so that they can cater for more skin tones. Anyway back to this foundation, this is a light coverage foundation which can be built up to a medium coverage if you want to cover up blemishes (which let me tell you I have a lot of right now haha). It has a satin finish to it as it's not a pure matte foundation but it's also not a glowy foundation either. This is great if like me you have combination or oily skin as it does not make your face oily and it doesn't dry your skin out at all.


You can see from this picture that it is a bit dark for me but once it's blended in properly it looks well matched to my skin tone. It claims to last for 8 hours which I have to say I think it does. I haven't tried not powdering my skin whilst wearing it but it last well if you powder the skin. Something else that I like about it is the packaging. I love that it's encased in a glass bottle with a pump which sounds like such a silly thing to like about it, but lots of foundations that are well packaged sometimes don't come with a pump, which leads you to having to pour out the foundation, only to see that you  have used too much or it has fallen onto the carpet, which none of us have any time for. It retails for £11.99 which may be on the pricey side of drug store make up but it is most definitely worth it.

Thanks for reading, see you soon x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig