Tuesday 22 October 2013

Lip Colour Collection- The Nudes


Hi everyone hope you're all well. This is my third post regarding my lipstick collection and this time I will be concentrating on all of the nude lipsticks that I have collected so far. Now in my opinion when it comes to lipstick shades, nude shades are the least exciting shades to have but I still think that they are the most useful lipsticks to have because they give you a hint of colour and they complete the look of your 'everyday make up look'.


It took me some time to actually buy a nude lipstick as I used to think that there wasn't much point in them. That was until I bought my first nude lipstick which is the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche lipstick in the shade 235 Nude. For me, this is the perfect blend of a pinky, brown nude as it's the type of colour that will suite most skin tones. The formula of this lipstick is great as it feels moisturising and it last for a while on the lips. I will definitely repurchase this when I've used it all up.


Next up is a lipstick that I actually got on my holiday to Majorca whilst browsing through one of the local pharmacies ( and can I just point out the make up and perfumes they have in their pharmacies are waaay better than what we have in our British pharmacies). Anyway back to the lipstick, this is actually a Maybelline New York lipstick and it's from the Watershine Diamonds collection, in the shade 109 Peach Pearl Diamonds. Unfortunately I don't know what the shade is called in the UK and I'm not sure if we even have that collection here. This is a great lipstick shade as it's a brown nude shade with beautiful flecks of shimmer to it,.so in the day you can wear it to add some shine to your look or it would look fabulous with a strong smoky eye for a night out.


The third product is a tinted lip balm. No actually it's a bloody brilliant tinted lip balm!! haha. I have to say the Maybelline New York Baby Lips lip balm in Peach Kiss is one of my favourite new products that has been released so far and it's no wonder why other bloggers feel the same way too. I feel that this is the only product that stays true to what it claims to do. It literally does make your lips feel baby soft and it really does give you 8 hours of hydration. To make it even better it gives you a lovely hint of a peach colour which surprisingly lasts for a good two or three hours; for a lip balm that is a long time. I absolutely love it!


Another new product which I'm so happy that I have is the L'Oreal Paris Collection Privee Color Riche in Eva's Nude. In other words this is Eva Longoria's own L'Oreal lipstick. How cool is that?! I just had to get it a) because it's her lipstick and b) it has a really pretty pink nude colour to it. As this is a very pink nude I suppose it could of been put into the pink collection, but I didn't have it back then so it's in this blog post instead. On me it looks like a salmon pink colour as I have a lighter skin tone than Eva Longoria does, but I think that it suits me really well.


The last product is a Barry M lip gloss in the shade 2. This is the perfect brown nude but in a glossy form. This gives you a lovely neutral lip colour, it's non sticky and it is again very moisturising. Before I found this I had never seen a nice nude lip gloss before so I had to buy it and I'm so glad that I did.


Swatches from left to right: L'Oreal Color Riche in the shade 235 Nude, Maybelline New York Watershine Diamonds in the shade 109 Peach Pearl Diamonds, Maybelline New York Baby Lips in the shade Peach Kiss, L'Oreal Paris Collection Privee Color Riche in the shade Eva's Nude and Barry M lip gloss in the shade 2.

Hope you enjoyed looking at this mini collection :) x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig