Monday 30 September 2013

Lip colour collection- The Pinks

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted for a while but it seems that work has caught up with me over the last few weeks. Two weeks ago I wrote a post on my collection of red lip products, now it's time for the pinks! I love to wear pinks simply because I find them easy to wear and they give your lips more of a colour than wearing a nude lipstick which only gives a hint of colour to the lips.


My first product that I have is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the colour Honey. This is a gorgeous mauve pink that glides on like a balm but after a few hours or so sets like a stain. I think this is such a pretty colour and it's so effortless to wear. You could wear this with just foundation and a bit of mascara to give you a fresh faced rosy look, I love it!


Next is one of my favourite lipsticks ever. This is MAC Viva Glam V. This is a lovely every day browny pink colour that will go with anything and if your natural lip colour is pink then this lipstick will enhance your natural lip colour. It's a Lustre finish so it feels very light on the lips and it's slightly sheer than some of the other MAC finishes but it still packs a lot of colour into it. This particular lipstick has a hint of gold shimmer to it but to be honest you barely even notice it when you are wearing it. Best of all when you purchase this lipstick all of the money goes to charity so for once you actually feel good whilst buying an expensive-ish lipstick!


Now my next choice is actually a lip gloss but I had to talk about it because I really adore it. I'm not a huge fan of lip glosses but when it comes to Barry M I can't get enough. This one is in the shade 11 and I would describe it as a watermelon colour pink lip gloss. What I love about it is that the applicator packs on so much colour, yet the gloss is not sticky to apply which is great if you want to carry on reapplying it. Also it's incredibly cheap at just over £4.


Firstly I apologise for the sudden light change but one minute it was sunny and the next it wasn't, so yes the background changed slightly. Anyway this lipstick is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Latino. In the photo it looks like a brown pink but in real life it's a bright, slightly toned down magenta pink which looks really great with simple eye make up. As the name of the range suggests it's very moisturising and it has great colour pay off. It's not the most long lasting lipstick but it's worth reapplying for the incredible colour.


The next product is a high end lipstick from Lancome. This is my only high end lipstick at the moment and I got it last December just before Christmas. It's from the Lancome Rouge In Love range and it's in the shade 240M. I would describe this colour as a red pink and it's a lovely colour for autumn and winter as it looks like a beautiful rose colour on the lips. I find it lasts really well as it has staying power for about 4 to 5 hours before it needs reapplying. Now that it's autumn I'm going to wear it more again and make the most of the little I have left of it.


Lastly is a lipstick that I don't really wear any more but I thought that I would mention it anyway. It's the L'Oreal Paris Rouge Caresse lipstick in the colour 03 Lovely Rose. This is a bold, bubble gum pink lipstick that would definitely get you noticed. It doesn't really suit me which is why I don't wear it any more but if you have the complexion and the confidence to wear this colour then go for it!


Here are the swatches from left to right: Barry M Lip gloss in number 11, Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Latino, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick in 03 Lovely Rose, Lancome Rouge In Love lipstick in 240M and Mac Viva Glam V. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig