Saturday 14 September 2013

Lip colour collection- The Reds

Hey guys. This year I have been starting to wear more lipsticks as I have been experimenting with lots of different shades of lipsticks including reds, pinks, corals, plumbs and nudes. This post will be the first lip colour collection post and I am going to be talking about the red lip products that I own. I will start with the first red lipstick that I bought which was MAC Lady Bug. This lipstick is a really pretty yellow toned red and because it's not a proper blue toned or an orange toned red, this colour will suit most skin tones. When you put it on it feels like you are wearing a glamorous red even though it's not a matte finish as it's a lustre finish (MAC lipsticks have lots of different finishes) so it feels light and creamy on the lips but you still get an incredible colour pay off.





The second lip product I wanted to talk about is not actually a lipstick but a lip stain instead. It's the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the colour 045 Romantic. Now the shade of this lip stain is an orange red even though the packaging for some reason makes it look like it's a blue toned red, it's not! I love the consistency of this product because it goes on like a soft, minty, moisturising balm but then after an hour or two the balm disappears and you are left with a strong colour which lasts for a good few hours as well.


The third lipstick I'm actually not going to go into that much detail with because in my mind I thought that it would be a bright neon orange red but once I bought it I realised that it was a bright cherry red instead. This means that when I tried it on I realised that it was in fact a blue toned red and looked hideous on me, but I'm going to include it anyway just in case there's anyone who would want to buy it. This is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish By Kate lipstick in the colour 110. I must say that when I did try it on in the house it did last for a good few hours and when it fades it doesn't bleed into your lips which is good, but for the colour reason I wouldn't buy it again.



Finally the last red lipstick I have is my current favourite and this is the Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in the colour Red Lacquer. This is a beautiful orange toned red lipstick that I will definitely repurchase in the future. It lasts for a really long time, it's very, very moisturising and it's beautifully pigmented with a gorgeous classic red colour. My last blog post was actually on this lipstick so if you want to have a look at the lipstick in more detail then you can read that if you want to.



I really hope you enjoyed reading this post about my red lip collection. The next colour collection I will do will be on my pink lip products and I hope that you will enjoy it. xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig