Sunday 24 October 2021

L'Oreal Paris True Match Tinted Serum Foundation

 



It's not often I want to try a new base product as once I really love a product I usually stick with it for a long time. This new L'Oreal Paris True Match Tinted Serum Foundation caught my eye however because it contains hyaluronic acid which is amazing for your skin as it provides instant hydration which makes your skin look youthful and healthy. This latest product provides an incredible hybrid formula of skincare and makeup which I feel will be a new trend in beauty going forward. That being said let's see how I've been getting on with it so far.

I purchased shade 2-3 Light. There are 9 shades in total however it's important to stress that the foundation blends into your skin extremely easily which means as long as you buy the bottle that's 3 shades closest to your skin tone then it will work for you. The consistency is ever so slightly watery than a traditional foundation however it's not so slippery that as soon as you put it on your hands it drips all over the place.


The foundation is contained within a pipette which is great as it means that you can gradually add the exact amount of product you want which means you can never go overboard with it. Because it has hyaluronic acid in it, the foundation glides onto the skin so smoothly which means it blends into the skin incredible well and very quickly too. It's for this reason why one shade can work across a couple of skin tones which a normal foundation couldn't do.


As you can see at first once you put it on my hand the shade looks slightly too light for me.


However once blended in you can see that it almost disappears into my skin  which means that this particular shade is the right one for me. So if there are testers available to use then I would use this test to determine which shade would be the best for you.

So the consistency it right, the shade is right and it blends beautifully however how well does it perform you ask? Well I was very surprised because for a serum foundation it actually lasted a good 8 or 9 hours on my skin before it started getting a bit shiny. I of course set it with my trusted Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in shade 1 Fair as I have combination oily skin however if you have drier skin then it may last a good amount of time on you even without setting it. The finish it gives before you set it is a natural satin finish, so it's not a product if you want something that's very glowy looking on the skin. Another thing I noticed is the first day after I wore this my skin did look better than the day before I started wearing it, so perhaps it already helped to improve my skin from day one! Coverage wise it covers redness, marks from old spots and very small blemishes however if you have any major spots or anything else you'd like to cover up then I would suggest using a concealer with it however for a serum foundation the coverage it pretty decent in my opinion.


Have you tried the new L'Oreal Paris True Match Tinted Serum Foundation? If you have I'd love to know your thoughts. Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon.

Chantal x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig