I had a sudden idea for a post not too long ago and it was the good and bad things about having hooded eyelids. I have partially hooded lids (weirdly I think they've gotten slightly less hooded as I've gotten older) and it's only been in recent years that I've learnt to accept my eye shape and just embrace the fact I have this eye shape. So the advantages and disadvantages are as follows:
- As there's less space between the brow bone and the lid it means that you can get away with either not blending your eyeshadow as much, or sometimes you can get away with not blending it out at all as you will hardly see any harsh lines.
- You won't need to use as much eyeshadow as you see a small surface area of your eyelid.
- It takes less time/effort to create a sultry eye look especially when it comes to eye liner because when you use eye liner on a hooded lid it covers up more space which gives you that heavier eye look instantly and if you smudge that eye liner you can even give yourself a subtle smokey eye quicker than normally.
- The downside to the last good point is that sometimes it can be a bit too easy to go slightly ott with your eye makeup as it may appear more dramatic than it actually is which can make it look like you have more makeup on than you actually do have on.
- You can't do cat eye flicks/punky/funky or any dramatic eye liner looks as you won't have enough lid space to draw those looks onto your eyelids.
- You have to be careful when it comes to wearing shimmer eyeshadows. Don't put any shimmer shadows in or just above your crease as that makes your eyes appear even smaller than they are and it's also not a good idea to put a highlighter shade on your brow bone as again your eyes will appear smaller than they are.
I hope you liked this random post. Obviously these are my opinions, so what I think could be a bad thing you might think it's actually a good thing. Let me know in the comments if you agree/disagree with what I said, I'd love to get your opinions about it.
Thanks for reading