Thursday 14 August 2014

MUA Heaven and Earth Palette- the most versatile neutral palette you will own


If you're someone who loves to wear neutral eye shadows most of the time then you will love this palette. I bought this not too long after I bought the MUA Undressed palette as I was so impressed with how well that palette performed for such a crazily affordable price. That palette has a collection of neutral and more colourful shades, but with this palette I'm talking about today, the colours are all stripped down right back to basics as this palette contains all the neutral colours that you will ever need. You can create so many day and night looks with these colours and the pigmentation is amazing. They also last reasonably well for a cheap eye shadow palette, but if you want the colours to last all day and night, then an eye primer will do the trick. I use my travel sized Urban Decay Primer Potion, but recently I've found a cheaper alternative that's just as good, which you will hopefully see a review on soon.

So now I'm going to talk about the shades and hopefully give you a some what accurate description of what the shades look like. First we have Aurora which is a white highlighter shade. Oh by the way all of the shades have a slight shimmer to them (just in case you were wondering what finish they had). I use Aurora to highlight the inner corner of the eye. It's quite a pigmented white shade so I don't put on too much otherwise it may make my inner corners look too white and shimmery haha. Next there's Amazonian Bronze, a light brown shade that would look good as an all over the eye colour, however it would be great put in the centre of the lid on top of a darker colour for a pop of colour. Then there's Babylon a classic woody brown that would be a great all over colour and it would be great to add soft definition to the crease of the eye. We then have Myan Dust, a flesh colour that could be used as a highlighter or as a base colour to put under another eye shadow, just to hold it it place so that the colour you put on top of it can cling on for a bit longer. Next to that is Valley which I'd describe as a reddy, brown colour. This would look good for a night look as the colour's more intense as it's really noticeable on the eye. I think this shade would particularly suit people with green eyes as it's a colour that would really make them stand out. The last colour on the top line is Golden Sand which is a darker, slightly orangey gold colour. I haven't really used this colour that much, but I think it would be a great colour to pop in the middle of the lid to make it really noticeable.

Starting on the bottom row we have Rift, which is like a lighter version of Amazonian Bronze.I would say it could be more wearable as it looks like there's less shimmer in it than it's counterpart. Then there's Amber Dune, the lightest brown shade of the lot that would just be the perfect base colour or a very light contour colour for the crease as I'd say it's the less shimmery of the lot too. Cata-comb is another flesh toned colour, but it's slightly darker than Myan Dust. Again I would use this all over the lid or as a highlighter. Tectonite is more of a grey, purple shade that would be the perfect colour to use with a smokey eye look. It would also look great as a softer looking eye liner blended into other colours. Second to last is Canyon, a chocolate brown shade that's the perfect shade to add warmth to the eye, no matter how you wear it. Lastly we have Bedrock, the darkest out of the pure brown eye shadows. This would look amazing in an all brown smokey eye look, especially when used on the outer corner of the eye to add a bit more drama to a look.


Swatches (L-R): Top- Aurora, Amazonian Bronze, Babylon, Myan Dust, Valley, Golden Sand. Bottom- Rift, Amber Dune, Cata-comb, Tectonite, Canyon, Bedrock.

I really hope you enjoyed this review/description of the MUA Heaven and Earth palette.

See you soon xxx





SHARE:

21 comments

  1. I love this post and I love MUA!
    Love the blog,
    Bella - http://bellaboo99.blogspot.co.uk/
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they really do have some great products. Ah thanks so much for reading my blog, I'm really happy you like it. It means a lot to me when people enjoy reading my posts :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Great review! Thanks for sharing!! ;)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette looks so nice and the shades are so nice. Great review and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog, glad you like it :) x

      Delete
  4. I've been wondering whether to get this for a while now but you've deffinately tempted me! I need to get it :D and the price is amazing for what it is xx I've just started a blog of my own and if you're interested you are very welcome to visit. Followers are desperately needed!!! http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's such an amazing product for the price! Yep I will deffo check out your blog :) x

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, that palette just looks so amazing! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The palette looks amazing! Still thinking about getting it myself, since I wear a lot of neutral eyes :)
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah honestly you will really love it cos you can create a whole range of different looks. :) x

      Delete
  7. Thank you! :) I'm glad you like the photos. I actually used my notepad for the background of the first picture. I really love the colourful, spotted look to it. Yep I will follow you back now. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The next time I go into superdrug I am definitly going to be picking up one of those! I have only ever brought there blusher (which is actually really good for its price!). The urban decay primer potion is a beaty staple! I love it!

    www.pollywallyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool, you will love it, it's such a useful product and when you pair it with the Primer Potion it holds up really well. :) x

      Delete
  9. I have this palette and love it! Like you said, so versatile!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice selection of colors:)
    Lovely post!xx
    Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah they are lovely colours :) xx

      Delete
  11. I love the MUA eyeshadows too, I have the Undress Me Too palette (I was originally going to buy Heaven and Earth but it wasn't in stock at the time). The colours for this palette are so nice, you've done a great review. I'd love to know what cheap alternative primer you're talking about though! :)

    http://anotherfashionfanatic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Ooops sorry I didn't mention the name haha. I was talking about the Elf eye shadow primer. I haven't had it for very long but I do want to do a review of it at some point. x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig