Sunday 8 June 2014

My go-to neutral palettes


We all love a good neutral eye palette that can help us create a number of looks from everyday looks, to more dramatic evening looks. In this post I am going to recommend you two neutral eye palettes that I feel serve this purpose perfectly.

The first is the older one out of the two that I received as a present for Christmas one time and it's the lovely Too Faced Naked Eye palette. It's a gorgeous small and compact palette that contains nine eye shadows inside that are beautifully pigmented and easy to apply. My favourite shades are 'Pillow Talk' which is like a nude grey colour which is perfect as a base eye shadow to go under any of the other eye shadows and 'Lap Dance' which is a slightly more intense shade that is a mix of purple and brown with a hint of shimmer to it. This particular shade is my favourite if I want to create a smokey eye look. In my opinion this palette is great as it would suit everyone as it comes with incredibly light shades for those that love the 'no make up make up look', but it also has four darker shades so you can switch up your look if you want a more sultry look from time to time. I tried to have a look at the price but I could only find it on the Too Faced website for $36 as I'm not sure if it's sold in stores any more.


You can tell it's a well loved palette as some of the eye shadows look very well used, sorry haha.

Next up is actually my newest purchase which is one of the most affordable make up products I've ever found and I'm so glad I did. I saw some vloggers on YouTube rave about MUA palettes before, but the most popular videos were the one that had the MUA Undressed Palette in them. And why you may ask? Well it's because this palette is almost an exact dupe of the Urban Decay Naked palette and it's only £4! Yep £4. I didn't believe that something this cheap could be such an amazing product but trust me it really is. The shadows are very well pigmented, they last for hours without any obvious creasing and the shade range that's provided in the palette is amazing. Plus like the Urban Decay palette it comes with 12 shadows which completely gives the Naked palette a  run for it's money.I highly recommend this palette as it's so affordable and you can easily find it as it's sold in Superdrug and on the MUA website if you don't have a Superdrug near you. I love it so much and I will definitely be getting more MUA palettes in the future for sure!


Here's the MUA Undressed palette up close.

Thank you for reading and I really hope you enjoyed this post. What are your favourite neutral eye shadow palettes? I'd be really interested to know which ones you love.

See you soon xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig