Monday 30 June 2014

June Monthly Favourites


I don't usually do a monthly favourites post. In fact I've never done one before. However this month I've noticed that there are some products that I have kept going back to. So let's get straight to it!

First of all I have to talk about my new favourite mascara, Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Black Drama. Now Maybelline are known for their brilliant mascaras and I've tried a few from their Volum' Express range before, including the One by One mascara and the Colossal mascara, but my favourite type from the line is definitely The Falsies Black Drama mascara as it gives me so much volume and length that it does make me look like I have really black, false lashes on, especially as I have really small eye lashes. I like the Black Drama one the most as I feel it makes my lashes look the longest that they have ever been. No really, it's true! I may do a review on this soon.Watch this space!

Next is a lipstick that I've had for ages now and it's the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Latino. This is a really pretty deep pink with a hint of purple to it, but it's hardly noticeable, however it does make it more interesting than other pink lispticks. I tend to wear this with minimal eye makeup such as eye shadow and mascara or maybe brown eye liner on the top lash line, eye shadow and mascara just to make the lipstick pop and stand out from the rest of the makeup. It really does moisturise your lips and it has a lovely sheen finish to it. The lasting power is ok as it lasts for 3 or 4 hours but I don't mind topping it up at all throughout the day. It's worth it for the lovely colour you get. This lipstick is still included in the new Moisture Renew line it's just the packaging is a bit different that's all.

Then there's another lipstick, however this one's on more of the pricey side of life. I got this Lancome Rouge In Love Lipstick in 240M about 2 years ago now or it could of been even longer ago than that for Christmas and it has still lasted me this long even though it's one of my most used lipsticks ever! This is a gorgeous lipstick with a red, pink colour to it. Kind of looks like a rosey pink on your lips and I think it's one that will suit a lot of people's complexion. I featured this in a dupe post here: http://savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/dupe-for-lancome-lipstick.html Again like the Rimmel one it's really moisturising but it does lasts longer which reflects in the price that you pay for it. I adore the packaging too, it's just SO pretty to look at and to hold in your hand. I really do love it!

Moving on to the eyes, next we have an eye liner. Nothing special just a usual pencil eye liner, but I love this one for the lovely, chocolate colour that the shade is. It's the L'Oreal Color Riche LeKhol eyeliner in 102 Pure Espresso. Sometimes you just feel like wearing a softer eye liner colour instead of the usual black and for me it is perfect as it gives you definition with a soft colour on the eyes. It's also really cheap for L'Oreal products as it's only around the £4 mark.

Last but not least is an eye shadow that I keep going back to, especially if I want a natural look on the eyes. It's Mac Eye Shadow in Wedge. This is a really useful, light brown, tanned colour that just makes your eyes look more awake. For me this gives me a natural, tanned colour so it makes my eyes stand out that bit more than if I were to put no eye shadow on at all. I did a review of it ages ago when I first started blogging here: http://savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/review-of-mac-lady-bug-lipstick-mac.html The longevity like all Mac eye shadows is great and the colour pay off is pretty good too, which is why it's a staple in my makeup bag.

I really hope you enjoyed my first Monthly Favourites post!
What are your beauty favourites for this month?
See you soon xxx


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey beauty,this is an amazing post!
    keep posting!
    xoxo Antonella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I will do! :) I literally just read your new post. You took some stunning photos of the beach, they are amazing photos, the sea looks beautiful :) xxx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig