Sunday 12 March 2017

Rimmel The Only 1 Matte Lipstick Review & Swatches




I feel like it's been a while since I bought any new makeup (which is rare for me) however recently I felt like trying out some newly released products from the drugstore and one of those products was the Rimmel The Only 1 Matte lipsticks. It's been ages since I've tried anything new from Rimmel, so I thought that I'd give these a try. Recently matte lips have been the talk of the town when it comes to lip products and it's not hard to see why-they give off more pigment than sheerer finishes and they last longer than other finishes. I decided to pick up 3 of the shades from the Only 1 line, these were 700 Trendsetter, 200 Salute & 610 High Flyer. Trendsetter is a browny nude colour that would be great for everyday or if you like wearing more earthy tones, on paler skin tones it might show up more as a light brown however it still would be a great shade to wear. Salute is a gorgeous mid warm toned pink shade that I feel would also suit a lot of people as it's more of a neutral warm shade of pink than a really bright warm toned pink, so it would be easier to wear and it would be a fabulous shade for this spring and summer. High Flyer is definitely the most unique shade out of the bunch as it's somewhere between a hot pink and a rasberry red shade if you see what I mean. It's such a beautiful shade which you'll see when I put a photo of the swatches below.


L-R: High Flyer, Trendsetter & Salute

I have to say I'm really impressed with these lipsticks. The pigmentation is fab, it feels really soft while you are wearing them which is not always the case for matte lipsticks and it lasts really well too, definitely a good 4 hours and at one point I had to brush my teeth after some tea and cake as I have removable invisable braces so you always have to brush them after everytime you eat and even after I did that there was still a good amount of colour on my lips (also it was High Flyer which was the brightest shade!). From testing these out I can definitely recommend them highly to you as I feel that they perform just as good as some high end lipsticks that cost way more than these do.

I hope you liked my review of these new Rimmel lipsticks. If you've tried them let me know what you think of them, I'd love to know.

Chantal x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Those swatches are seriously impressive!! I love drugstore lipsticks but haven't tried Rimmel. I need to keep a look out for these :)

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks :) Yeah I do try my best to take good swatch photos so I'm glad you liked the photo x

      Delete
  2. I'm trying so hard not to buy anymore makeup right now... it's getting harder to resist I NEED that Salute colour <3

    Thatsashajay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I get you, sorry that I'm ruining your makeup spending ban haha. That's the thing though cos I was influenced to buy them when I saw some swatches on another blog and I just had to try them after that x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig