Sunday 23 October 2016

The berry lipstick for people who don't like wearing berry lipsticks





I love Autumn so much! The cosy evenings in, the leaves changing colour and you finally get to wear your jackets and coats again after them being hidden away in your wardrobes for months. Also I adore all the new makeup trends and looks that appear when Autumn comes round again. However when it comes to the Autumn lip trends a lot of the typical shades tend not to suit me for some reason. Burgundy and vampy red shades make me look dead, berry shades don't flatter me and purple looks even worse on me. So for ages I've been on the hunt for the perfect lipstick to wear for this time of the year and now I think I've finally found the perfect shade for me.

The lipstick in question is the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in the shade Berry Smoothie. The reason why I love this shade is that it's the perfect entry level berry shade lipstick, so if like me you don't normally suit berry toned lipsticks then this one will suit you. Why-because it has a mostly pink tone to it with just a little hint of berry mixed into it, so I'd say it's 70% pink and 30% berry which is the right combination to have if you want an easy Autumn shade to wear.

The Revlon Lip Butters have been around for a while now (I think they were released in 2012, that's 4 years ago!) however I never picked one up for some reason, I guess I didn't want to get something just for the hype of it but I'm happy I finally bought one now. The finish is some what of a glossy lipstick type and so it feels very moisturising on the lips. The pigmentation is also really great as it pretty much comes out the same colour as what's on the packaging but perhaps a little deeper in tone. As it's a lip butter the longevity is not as long as a normal lipstick, I'd say it would last 2 hours max if you didn't eat anything. The good thing about them is that due to the shape of the lipstick and the fact it's formula is moisturising means that it's very easy to top up, even on the go.




What it looks like on the lips. You can see the majority of pink that's in this shade but yet you can also see the hint of berry mixed in there which is why I think it's a brilliant shade to wear for this time of the year.

I hope you liked this review and my pick for the perfect Autumn lip product. What is your go-to lip product for this time of the year? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to know.

Thanks for reading

Chantal x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig